Sunday, March 2, 2008

pollyticks.com

http://www.pollyticks.com

I stumbled on this website and thought to share it with the class. Personally I don't think it has all that much to say-nothing too profound-but it creates this space for people to try and express their ideas or feelings around the politics no matter how informed they acctually are. It is a space for people who are surrounded and effected by on going politics but are no necessarily involved. The creator of the site even rights in one of the earliest blogs:

For starters, it's crap. This site is total crap, so don't expect much because I'm an idiot. This site is my sketch book, my side project and my feeble attempt to connect with other talentless idiots.

Here, I post my pitiful political cartoons, funny videos made by people far more talented than I am, weird news stories, boring rants about Democrats and the Republican Party, weak observations about freedom of religion and other concepts I only barely understand, and lots of other crap. I guess the key point to take away from this is that most of what you'll find here is total crap.

-Blue Steel

I felt this example highlights what we were talking about earlier this week, that everybody no matter their interests, education, awareness, etcetera, has a public space to discuss their ideas and/or feelings.

No comments: