Wednesday, January 16, 2008

True Majority's Serious Fun Games

Truemajority.com has a section called "Serious Fun" that has the operation game I mentioned in class, in which you "remove President Bush's cabinet." I thought it was a really interesting use of games as propaganda.

I also wanted to point to another really interesting in-game performance art piece called dead-in-iraq where an artist recites all of the killed Iraq soldiers in a game called America's Army which was funded by the government.

1 comment:

Tati said...

I find this game to be kind of clever. It's really amusing to read a card with information about someone like Karl Rove, etc. and you can pick out the body part with the mouse afterwards. You pretty much learn some of the negative aspects of Bush's cabinet. I think it's really entertaining especially it makes the game Operation a source of political commentary.